Apple MAC Fake Virus Alert

Similar to the windows fake AV alerts, MAC users have now been targeted with a fake AV scam. After visiting an infected site, the software scans the users hard disk and reports on viruses found. Users are then given the opportunity to purchase remedial AV software, thus parting with credit card information. The trick here is that is can masqurade as the legitimate MAC Defender application making the users less suspicious about the warnings.
Apple Mac users have been adviced to disable a setting in the Safari browser that allows "safe" files to be automatically installed.
Full details on removing and preventing this malware can be found here.

Apple MAC Malware Removal

Comments

  1. I ordered my VPN about a week ago through the website. It was seamless and very simple to oder. As soon as the order was placed, I received a welcome email instantly with all of the login information. I have been using the VPN every day since, and have had perfect service with no disruptions. Keep up the great work VPN-Planet!
    www.vpn-planet.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ordered my VPN about a week ago through the website. It was seamless and very simple to oder. As soon as the order was placed, I received a welcome email instantly with all of the login information. I have been using the VPN every day since, and have had perfect service with no disruptions. Keep up the great work VPN-Planet!
    www.vpn-planet.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do not regularly use the MAC computers so I should have no worries about this fiasco. The VPN what type of service do you use? The AV scam is not a very good scam and is usually far fetched. Thanks for the details on removing and preventing malware found here.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

configuring the zmodo ZP-IBi-13W camera to work with Blue Iris Software.

Evolution