Microsoft Telephone Call Scam Still Rearing It's Head

A colleague of mine called me this week to report he had received a call from a foreign sounding gentleman from Microsoft. The man seemed to have a fair bit of information about my colleague and was reporting that Microsoft had flagged his PC as being infected with a known virus. At this point my colleague was suspicious and started to ask a few questions to which the bogus Microsoft teccy tried to answer with various cover up tactics. Asking my colleague to run a few commands on his PC etc....
This was when my colleague insisted that the bogus Microsoft person sent a letter to him stating exactly what was being asked so he could show it to the technical team at work (us). To this the Microsoft teccy replied an email would be quicker but my colleague insisted on a letter. I am sure a letter which will never arrive and if indeed it did, it certainly woulnn't be from Microsoft.

click here for a story from 2010.

Further Reading

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

configuring the zmodo ZP-IBi-13W camera to work with Blue Iris Software.

Apple MAC Fake Virus Alert

Evolution