Election Fever

Having never paid much attention to politics, this years election grabbed my attention and encouraged me to vote. But what a voting system we have. Queueing up outside a temporary portacabin only being asked my name when I entered and a worn down pencil sellotaped to a piece of string to make my mark with.

Waiting 19 hours for all the counts to come in, when the simplest piece of computing technology could be used to take my vote and instantaneously creating a result for each polling station.

But what of the security implications, and possible IT related issues ?

Well if you ask me, putting an X on a piece of paper while only being challenged for my name, and having hundreds, if not thousands of people counting the votes in, is also fraught with potential issues...not to mention wasting my day watching the results.....come on get with the times.....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

configuring the zmodo ZP-IBi-13W camera to work with Blue Iris Software.

Apple MAC Fake Virus Alert

Evolution